A man in Britain has become the second person to be cleared of HIV after receiving a stem cell transplant.
Doctors said he received bone marrow stem cells almost three years ago from a donor with a rare genetic mutation that resists HIV infection.
Key words and phrases:
situation of widespread disease
– The ease and frequency of air travel can quickly turn a local disease into an epidemic.
– The head of police has reported that the city is suffering from a crime epidemic.
permanent genetic change
– The majority of cancers result from a mutation of the body’s cells.
– The book went through three mutations after I received feedback from my editor.
encourages or causes
– The large drop in the company’s share price was spurred by a profit warning.
– The fear of failing his exams spurred Dan into action and he started studying harder!
Visit our website for more details and a quiz:
Learning English is easy! Improve your English with our free English videos and lessons on grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and English exams.
Please use English when you comment.
For more free English lessons and videos visit our website:
Originally published here
The post British man 'cured' of HIV – News Review first appeared on .